Thursday, February 7, 2013

Special Blog Assignment #1

USA Demographics
When I first read the Blogspot for the class, I was like, "for real Dr. Strange? It is not my fault that some people didn't understand the numbers or the explanation behind the numbers. Some people just do not have the same mind set and have the same opinion no matter how obvious. Let these people think what they want to think and let's keep in moving." Then I actually went in Wolfram Alpha and typed in the information. I can honestly say that the results really shocked me.
India's Demographics

I clicked on the link Wolfram Alpha and it took me to a screen with a search bar. I will admit that I was a little confused. All this big fuss about this one little search bar, but then I thought about Google. I began typing in the population questions. I was surprised to see that the website was so up-to-date as in the last data posted was from 2010. It really shocked me to find out that the United States has the longest life expectancy out of all three nations considering we are the most obese nation in the world! My mind was completely gone after reading that. I mean, how could that be? Then I thought about the conditions of each country and regrouped my mind set. The United States has a little more liberties than the rest, especially when killing off baby girls is a factor.

China's Demographics

I really do not know how I can use this particular search engine, but I am pretty sure that I will figure something out. Better yet maybe I could get some suggestions from my next classmate or even Dr. Strange. When making your suggestions please remember that I am teaching Special Education.



The Social Media Counts amazed me. I did not know that you could actually monitor these things. For example, the Facebook likes and comments, as many people that are on Facebook...how in the world is the counter able to keep count?! It would seem impossible if I did not see it with my own two eyes.

This counter really shows me that social media is revolutionizing the world as we know it. Obvious I know, but at this alarming rate I really do not believe that humans will truly be able to keep up with the changes. By the time I get into the classroom, I honestly think that Facebook will be used for academic purposes as well. As a teacher, I am going to have to do some major research to keep up with ever changing social media. I am really hoping that more educational social sites will emerge in the near future for teachers and students to collaborate with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment